Sunday, July 7, 2013

Summer Times

Hey everyone!,
Sorry I haven't posted in a while!  We have been so busy this summer and I haven't had time to post!  So, let  me just update y'all on our summer so far:
We started out the summer with my family's annual camping trip to summit creek.  The weather was actually decent this year, as apposed to rain and snow, and we had fun swimming, playing cards, and four wheeling as always!  My favorite part was just spending time with my family.  They are always so much fun to be with!
Playing cards
 We spent a long time trying to teach Curtis to shuffle and bridge the cards...
 My dad will appreciate me putting this picture up!
Scott and I on the way home!
We spent one Saturday at Lava Swimming Pool with my family.  Scott started out with a bang, doing a gainer off the top platform.  I didn't get him a video of him then but he later did one on a lower platform that I will post! The rest of us felt outdone, so Curtis, Kollin, and I all went off the top platform for the first time!  It was sooo scary! (and hurt a bit too)  Curtis showed off his skills in a game of water basketball, and Kollin and I had a good time going down the slides.  


Me and Kollin jumping off the third platform

Scott's gainer
We just got home from Lake Powell yesterday! This was my first time ever going and had a blast!!  The lake is beautiful and we never ran out of things to do!  It got up over 100 degrees every day we were there but was so windy and rained a few times on us at night.  It was nice to be able to jump in the water and cool down whenever we wanted! On Thursday, the Rasmussens (Scott's Aunt, Uncle and cousins) were able to  come up with their ski boat which Scott loved because he was dying to go wake boarding.  So, we spent all day Friday on the boat!  I even tried wake boarding a bit and almost got up!  When it started getting stormy we headed back to the house boat and got caught up in some pretty nasty waves, but made it back safely.  In all, the week was great, and I even got a little tan! (:
 Salt Lake City Temple
 On the was to Salt Lake to spend the night before heading to Lake Powell
 Scott wake boarding
The fishing was awesome and the boys caught about 40 fish not to mention about 20 more lost/thrown back!
Other than that, we have just been having a pretty relaxed summer.  Scott continues working and going to school, and I have yet to find a job, although I have gotten close.  I'll try to do better posting when things happen!  Can't wait to talk to everyone again soon!  Love ya!
-The Jones'

No comments:

Post a Comment